Sweet Dream O' Child

God's Precious Gift

Child of love, child so bright,
child whose beauty out shines the light.
Angels sing from up above,
gracing baby Lickliter with all their love.

(Velmar Pewee Hale Johnson)



Sleep, sleep, my little one
Remember even the best
Most take a daily rest!

(from "sleep My Little One" by Sylvia Chidi)



My kiss will give peace now
And quiet to your heart -- -

(from "Sleep Now O Sleep Now" by James Joyce)




....In the night of weariness
let me give myself up to sleep without struggle,
resting my trust upon thee....

(taken from "Sleep" by Rabindranath Tagore)



Sweet dreams form a shade,
O'er my lovely infants head.
Sweet dreams of pleasant streams,
By happy silent moony beams

Sweet sleep with soft down.
Weave thy brows an infant crown.
Sweet sleep Angel mild,
Hover o'er my happy child.

Sweet smiles in the night,
Hover over my delight.
Sweet smiles Mothers smiles,
All the livelong night beguiles.

(taken from "A craddle Song" by William Blake)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Earn Money With Your Website